wedding jewelry: thelma & louise

Continuing our look into my wedding day jewelry box, I introduce Thelma & Louise... thus named because moving to Denmark has many times felt metaphorically like driving over that cliff.  But in the end, I'm here with a wonderful man by my side, pretty sparkly things in my ears (and on my fingers, and around my wrist), and lots to look forward to!

Vintage Style Diamond Earrings
Thelma & Louise are bespoke pieces made by Farringdons Jewellery in London's Hatton Garden jewellery district.  They're a riff on a pair of vintage earrings that I liked, but thought too extravagant and gauche for daily wear.

To make the design more practical for modern times, the goldsmith made them as two separate pieces... a platinum 4-prong martini setting, each set with a certified ideal cut .75 carat diamond, and a platinum jacket, each set with .55 carats of round brilliant diamonds.

I wear the studs everyday and add the jackets for formal occasions, like the wedding! They've kept the dimensions on file, so they can make additional studs with other stones, like sapphires to match my engagement ring, or rubies to match a red dress... isn't that brilliant?

Farringdons has an ever-changing collection of vintage and antique jewellery, some from as early as the Victorian period, and as you can see, they also do beautiful bespoke work... the same goldsmith who does their bespoke projects makes their stock items, so pretty much everything in their window is delightful to look at.

After several beautiful vintage purchases and successful bespoke projects, Robert and I consider Farringdons to be our jeweller.  Farringdons are responsible for bringing Jackie and Little Edie into my life, they've made Robert's wedding band, and they're currently working on another bespoke piece for me, which I hope to show you soon.

So if you're in London and need a top-notch jeweller for a vintage, antique or bespoke piece, or want to buy something beautiful off the shelf, I wholeheartedly recommend Farringdons... tell Victoria and Liam that Sage sent you :)

Labels: ,