homemade pita chips

I'm a hummus junkie and after far too much mental whining about missing my beloved Stacy's Naked Pita Chips, I decided to take matters into my own hands...

1 package whole wheat pita bread
olive oil
sea salt

Separate each pita into 2 layers, then cut them into eighths. Arrange them in a single layer on baking sheets and brush on one side with olive oil. Trust me, you do not want to toss them with olive oil, I tried this method first and it was a greasy mess!

Sprinkle them with sea salt and bake at 350 degrees (175 for my Euro readers) for 20 minutes or until they're crispy.

I thought about brushing them with garlic-infused olive oil and herbs, but let's face it, the main purpose of these chips is to get hummus to my boca, so why complicate it?

There's a new and improved hummus recipe coming, but I can't seem to keep from eating it long enough to take a photo, so in the meantime, here's my original recipe, which is rated 5 stars at food.com :)

Labels: , , ,