obligatory thanksgiving post

Last year, Thanksgiving week hit me unexpectedly hard. I’m not a fan of excess, or of dead birds, which are in my view, pretty much the pillars of this holiday. But for some reason, I felt oddly out of touch and even a bit sad.

This year, I’ve barely given Thanksgiving a thought. I don’t feel the sense of disconnect I felt last year. Maybe I’ve finally landed and settled here.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d relish the opportunity to throw a vegetarian feast, but it’s not really worth the effort for myself. But perhaps next year I’ll have someone with whom I can share this American tradition ;)

This year, I’m thankful for the opportunity to see Thailand, London, Amsterdam, and the Norwegian Fjords. I'm thankful for the Buddha. I’m thankful for my amazing job at a fabulous company that uses my strengths and is about to get a whole lot more exciting. I’m thankful for my beautiful home, for Opie, and for the courage to follow my dreams. I'm thankful for the bumps and bruises that have made me who I am, and for the fact that I'm resilient and able to shrug off most of what comes flying at me.

And I'm really thankful for my pretty arms & shoulders!!!
I've been working very hard :)