july garden update

It's a been a cool, wet summer, and a disappointing gardening season. By this time last year, I had early tomatoes, cucumbers, and more zucchini and summer squash than I knew what to do with.

This year is turning out to be a mixed bag...


I harvested just enough strawberries to make a pie in early June, but not a thing since.

My pepper plants have all died and everything else is growing very slowly or not at all. Most of my 20 tomato plants haven't flowered yet and I'm beginning to think that they won't.

Carrots are doing well!

The neighborhood cats raided my catnip patch, but my bee balm, lemon balm, chamomile and mint are thriving. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about my basil :(

My chamomile is starting to flower. Soon, I'll be blending my own organic herbal teas!

I'll leave you with my quiet corner.

Labels: , , , ,