sunday in the garden

Most of my garden has been planted. I still have some transplanting and bed building to do, but considering that we're not even a week out from the last frost date, I'm in pretty good shape.

I transplanted these peonies from my husband's grandparents' house. I was worried that they wouldn't survive the move, but they're thriving and full of buds!


My strawberry plants arrived from the mail order nursery in pretty poor shape, but now they're thriving in a mix of compost, peat moss, and vermiculite.

My lavender and chives have come back heartier from last year's plantings.

I transplanted lavender from around the yard to this bed under my kitchen window. I'm hoping the wind will blow just right ;)

And of course, no garden is complete without a set of vintage gnome statues in need of painting :)

Labels: , ,