back from playa mujeres

We were driven through 3 guarded gates, and greeted with champagne and cold towels.

The resort was 5 star all the way and set on a private 2 mile stretch of beach, which was a beautiful walk.

It was exactly what my tropical fantasy beach looks like.

When I took my first look at the Jamaican beach where I was to be married almost nine years ago, I cursed Photoshop. This beach looked better than the website!

I spent most of my days sipping Tangueray and Tonics in a cabana and catching up on my reading.

I read several books, but the most memorable was Escape by Carolyn Jessop. It details her life and escape from the FLDS and is a read I won't soon forget. It reminded me of how lucky I am to have the freedom to choose my path in life. It might've even made me enjoy my vacation a little more.


There were 8 restaurants, none of which required reservations, one of which served only lobster. This is unusual for all inclusive resorts, most of which use the reservation system to control costs.

The wine was surprisingly drinkable, and the service was attentive; they were practically mindreaders. One of my favorite places at night was the beach bar, which was breathtaking place to relax and watch the moon over the water.


I enjoyed every minute of luxury to the fullest, but I'm happy to be back to simplicity...and my cats :)

Labels: